Sunday, February 26, 2012

Local treasure alert - STL

To any vintage/mid-century loving St Louisans out there, as of yesterday, there were some gorgeous finds to be had at the Goodwill at Union and Bayless in South County.

This wasn't all, but here's the only shot I could get with my phone:
The bench upholstery appeared to be leather

There was also another long mid-century sofa in a green/gold damask print, a wood-frame and cushion loveseat with stripes, a couple of leather-bound and one floral print chair, a tall-backed cane-sided recliner and several footstools.  All appeared to be in pristine condition - as if they'd been sitting covered in a cool, dark, dry place for the last 60 years, and all were priced well enough that it hurt my heart to be a person without access to a truck.  I was tempted to grab the tags off anyway and figure it all out later, but I also do not have access to any real storage space for such things, so I sadly left without any of these treasures.  Anyway, it was yesterday, but there's a chance some of it may still be there, and I wanted to give my fellow vintage-loving St Louisans the heads-up.  Happy Sunday, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment