Saturday, November 3, 2012

Light metal, and more needlework

Hey guys!  Just wanted to share a few nifty bits I picked up recently.

First, how about some mid-century metal?:

Cool little regency-esque vanity stool

Dontcha love the harlequin-diamond pattern?

Another great pierced-metal-patterned magazine rack
Speaking of racks - this heavy bronzey-brassy rack with soft fuzzy coverings
on the little rungs all along is meant for holding your vinyl at the ready,
possibly on a mod-sexy mid-century console stereo?  

It's a Lyric record holder.  So cool!

The stool and the magazine rack came from the Goodwill near my work.  I'm always shocked by the good stuff I find on my lunch break - and the prices were still reasonable.  The record holder was more than reasonable!  I got it from St Vincent de Paul in North County, where they've started doing a thing where they put things on sale a little more for each week they've been there.  Great deal!

But if all that cold metal isn't your thing, here's some warm and fuzzy for you (as in yarn!):


Pretty crewelwork apple tree with a bluebird on a gold background.

The wording on this one is printed on the fabric,
but the crewelwork and cross-stitching is real.

This has the look of an old Dutch style pattern in pretty colors
that aren't coming through that well on camera - too overcast today.
Well, and I was in an underground parking garage!

I believe two of these came from the Salvation Army on North Lindbergh, and the third from the St Vincent de Paul I mentioned before.  So pretty!

Here are all three, to show the relative size of them.  I really love the apple tree!

Check out these link-ups and see what great things other folks have picked up or fixed up or made up!:

Cap Creations Thrifty Love (big thanks for featuring my awesome dining set find from last week!) and The Thrifty Groove's Thrifty Things Friday

10 comments:

  1. I love all of your awesome metal finds. Thrifting on the lunch hour sounds like fun! I used to shop on my lunch hour and spend half of what I earned. I work from home now, so it takes more to get me out of my chair! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That might be safer/cheaper! I don't spend much but it means I also grab fast food, which is bad in a lot of ways!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I am loving the metal pieces. They are awesome and look like they are in good shape. Thank you for sharing at TTF. Have a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diann! You too, and thanks for hosting!

      Delete
  3. Great finds! My faves are the stool and the magazine rack, but it's all fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the magazine rack, but it needs a bit of cleanup work.

      Delete
  4. The metal pieces are fab! Any plans for them? Nice job! Thank you for linking up at Cap Creations. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting the link up! Pretty much anything I pick up, I'm willing to sell in my antique mall booth or elsewhere (I'm doing a space at a Holiday Bazaar at the office where I work at the end of the month), but I also am always scoping out gifts for friends and family and things I need at home. The stool and the record rack will most likely be re-sold. The magazine rack I'm not sure about yet.

      Delete
  5. I used to thrift on my lunch hours too, there were many thrifts to choose from near my office. I looove the finds, I have a weakness for metal racks and needlepoint works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's fun, isn't it? It feels exciting, like I'm cheating on the day job!

    ReplyDelete